Antenna Installation Brisbane
TV Aerial Installation
Some builders have a television antenna installed on their new homes while others leave this up to the new home owner. Either way, these installations are typically fairly straight forward, requiring a roof mount, antenna, cable, splitter and access into the ceiling space to complete the hook up to the internal cables run by the electrician. In instances where a home hub is installed the antenna cable will be connected directly to the distribution hub.
A digital meter is used to site the antenna for best signal reception and to test the outlet points in the home. If the signal strength is poor an amplifier may be used to boost the incoming signal to provide good pictures.
Our installers will wherever possible, locate an antenna on a roof mount and to the rear of the home where it is less likely to be featured in the view from the street.
Quality Antenna Installation Brisbane
With more than 20 years experience, we are one of Brisbane’s leading TV antenna installation company. We are willing to go the extra mile to bring you the best TV viewing experience. Browse our range of installation services below or call us at 07 3205 6022 to discuss your needs.
REPLACING DAMAGED ANTENNAS
An antenna may give poor results or cease working for a number of reasons. Plastics become brittle over time and may break in high winds or storms. Large birds can take their toll as well as nearby tree branches whipping about in the wind. Ingress of water and corrosion in the balun can be a problem, and the cable should be in good condition.
Older homes may have flat ribbon cable which is prone to breakage and this should be replaced with good quality coaxial cable.
Where flat ribbon has been used in unit buildings it is generally not able to be replaced except by running new cable. Depending on the building, cables can be sometimes replaced internally, but where this is impossible they must be run externally on the building surfaces. The appearance of the building needs to be taken into account if this option is being considered.
Digital only signal and changes in TV antenna design has resulted in antennas which are more efficient, lighter and smaller than most older TV antennas. This should mean not only better results in picture quality, but also a less noticeable addition to the building.
EXTRA OUTLET POINTS
Today we are likely to have several TV’s in the home, and modern homes are generally well catered for with multiple TV outlet points. Older homes are often lacking in this area, and we can assist should you require more television or telephone points installed.
SAFETY & TIDY UP
Although Brisbane is blessed with an abundance of sunny days, inclement weather can cause delays to occur to antenna work. It becomes quite dangerous to move around pitched roofs and OH&S issues come into play.
This may cause jobs to be rescheduled from time to time which may be an inconvenience, but safety of our technicians is an important issue.
All materials replaced during the course of our work is collected and disposed of in the appropriate manner. Old antennas are broken down for recycling.
TUNING & HOOK UP OF TV, VCR, DVD & SOUND
Are you having problems hooking up or tuning channels? Our service techs can have you up and running in a short time and our service call charges are very reasonable. We’re just an e-mail or phone call away.
The old flat ribbon type of cable can be unreliable, and system performance can be improved by upgrading to coaxial cable. The Older coaxial cable which has been damaged should also be replaced. We use only RG6 quad shield cable for all our installations and services.
Areas which receive poor signal levels can benefit from the antenna installation of signal amplifiers (or booster) to increase their reception. There are mast head amplifiers which are used in fixed positions and portable indoor amplifiers which are more suited to temporary situations such as rented premises, camping and caravaning.
Mast head amplifiers are mounted outdoors on the antenna mast with a power pack installed at one of the TV points in the home. This power pack must remain plugged into this TV point and switched on to provide power to the amplifier. In this case the amplifier will boost the signal to all points connected to the antenna.
WALL PLATES, SPLITTERS ETC
Wall plates and splitters can be the cause of some reception problems. These days most connections are made using F type connectors which are more reliable than the older saddle and screw style. They are more secure and less prone to corrosion.
Wall plates in rented buildings often become loose from over use through a succession of tenants. This is less of a problem in private residences as furniture is less likely to moved.
In the case of an insurance claim we can either bill the home owner or the insurer directly quoting the insurance claim number. Just phone your insurer to gain approval and a claim number then e-mail or telephone us to arrange a day for repairs to take place.
Get A Quick Quote
Digital TV Antenna Installation
When you fork out a large amount of money for a brilliant TV, you want to make sure you are getting the best possible picture quality, along with the best possible audio quality. Regardless of how fantastic your TV is, if you have a sub-standard antenna you are going to have to be satisfied with sub-standard viewing pleasure. In short, TV quality and the quality of your antenna go hand in hand.
Why suffer from a poor signal, where you can experience a quality television reception signal like no other! Brisbane Antenna Specialists is your answer. Talk to us today for more information.
1. TV signals that broadcast over the air provide superior picture quality and sound quality, when compared to cable TV and/or satellite TV, not least because over-the-air signals don’t require any form of compression.
2. Generally, cable TV and satellite TV operators offer a wide range of free-to-air TV channels in Brisbane. However, more often than not, over-the-air broadcasters offer several additional channels unavailable to cable TV or satellite TV operators. This is why in Brisbane digital TV antennas have had such a huge increase in popularity.
3. For the sake of simplicity let’s just say that all digital TV antennas pick up the same sound and picture quality signals. However, the quality of signal broadcast can differ – with some content broadcast as “standard definition” while other content is broadcast in “high definition” (HD).
4. Digital TV antennas have also become popular as an alternative option for people who have cable or satellite TV. If their viewing gets disrupted for one reason or another, they can often just switch over to over-the-air broadcasts, and it is worth noting that over-the-air broadcasting is far more reliable than cable TV or satellite TV for that matter.
5. While all digital antennas pick up signal, in the same manner, it is important to remember that they are not are identical in design. Many are designed specifically for certain locations and/or certain conditions. So, if you live in Brisbane, it would be best to get in touch with us and find out more about digital TV antennas in Brisbane, and what is best for you.
There is no such thing as a “magic” antenna. Instead, the sound and picture quality you can expect to experience all boils down to you installing the right antenna. Again, this is why it is always best to get in touch – our technicians will know what sort of antenna you need, and they know exactly how it should be installed.